Friday, November 21, 2008

Not traveling after all

My trip was postponed to Monday which is a bummer because now I'm chained to my desk all day!

I didn't end up going to the gym last night because there must have been a football game at Georgia Tech and every exit close to there was backed up for miles. I did go on a lovely walk in the dark with my husband and dogs. Only one ankle hurt a bit on the uneven sidewalk and the hilly parts of the walk but I pushed through it and it still feels okay.

I discovered some new shoes that may be life changing. I have the worst time with blisters and I think it's from my feet getting too hot. I've experimented with every sock on the planet with no luck but I always notice my feet are burning hot after a walk or even an elliptical workout. I've always been a New Balance girl but thought I'd try the new Adidas ClimaCool which are made to breathe more. So far they are amazing! If they keep working so well I may not have to duct tape my feet for the 3-Day!

Now I have to think of something for dinner that's both healthy and fun for a Friday night. We usually eat wings but we're both feeling so great from a healthy week we aren't going to ruin it. Maybe I will find something at Trader Joes that's inspiring.

I packed my gym bag for whatever tonight. I think I will go to the gym and do an hour of cardio instead of going to water aerobics. It's going to be 25 degrees here tonight so I'd much rather sweat. If I'm feeling motivated I'll put my suit on and stretch out in the therapy pool.

Saturday we will clean and grocery shop, Sunday we will take the dogs on a big walk in Stone Mountain. I also have to make my famous pumpkin gingerbread trifle for my husbands Thanksgiving lunch at work. I'm looking forward to some time away from the office this weekend and next week. The economy has my boss all stressed out and therefore I am too. Maybe that's why I'm craving exercise right now.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Okay. *YOU* may be craving exercise right now, but I'm CRAVING your pumpkin gingerbread trifle. Hello! That sounds delish! Your weekend sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.. I've read a few of your posts today and really enjoy your blog. I'm currently on a journey to lose over 200 lbs. I have been blogging my progress. I will be keeping your blog in my reading list. Keep up the good work.

    I hate to spam up your comments, but I couldn't find a contact email on your page. I'm trying to turn my blog into a more community based type thing. I'm starting by finding blogs with people that have the same goals as myself. In your case, I too lost 100+ lbs and gained it all back (plus some). I'm going to be linking your blog on my page: http://www.pickonthefatkid.com. If you have some time, take a look and if you choose to follow along, that would be great! I try to be inspirational in my posts because my newfound wellness makes me feel great and gives me the urge to inspire.

    Have a great day,
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I've just caught up on your blog and have really liked it so far. I lost about 50 pounds in late 2005 but gained it all back and a lot more by the time my wedding rolled around in 2007. I absolutely hate my weight! Anyway, I'm adding you to my blog roll if you don't mind. I just started a weight loss blog titled The Opposite of Thin. Feel free to stop by sometime, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum- that trifle does sound good. More importantly, glad you have found some shoes that work for you. I have the opposite problem - my feet are ALWAYS cold these days. I'm putting wool socks on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete