Tuesday, March 8, 2011

not so fat Tuesday

I meant to post this yesterday but ran out of time!!

I saw 228 on the scale yesterday morning. The lowest I've been in 6 months. I feel like a million bucks!

This morning I was super brave and went to my trainers group class which is a combination of weightlifting and pilates. When I got home from yoga last night I wasn't sure it was going to be possible. I looked like a drowned rat and could barely keep my eyes open but I was up at 6 and ready to go! It was an awesome group of women befitting of my most awesome trainer. I knew I would LOVE it and I can't wait to go back. Wanna hear the best part????

1 minute, 30 second plank.

When she told us our time I had to have her repeat it because I didn't believe it. The only problem with increasing your plank time is that you have raised the bar and have to do that or better the next time ;)

On the health front
The respiratory therapist says "guuurrrrllll....there aint NOTHIN wrong with you" and the Pulmonologist says it seems to be nothing more than allergy related asthma. I can't do any half marathons until the Advair starts fully working but I can do the 5k. It's a week from Saturday and because I walk/run that distance regularly, It should be a breeze. The worlds nicest ex boyfriend is coming in town to do the full marathon and his sister (who I was going to do the half with) is still doing it so I will be on the sidelines the following day cheering them on. Next year I will be in it!

I could go on for days but I have a ton of work to do. Hope everyone is having a great week. Thanks as always for your support. It's all finally coming together.

10 comments:

  1. Keep pushing yourself and raising the bar Tina! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome all the way around! So glad you will be able to do the 5k and I hae no doubt you'll do the half next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I bet you feel like a million bucks. I'm so proud of you! Seriously. My cheeks are full-on apples right now because I'm smiling so hard for you!

    *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet. I will race ya? End of month down to 220 or better?

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!! I just found your blog and am on my own weight loss journey, starting at about the same point as you (254 lbs) - motivate me at www.futurefitgirl.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, planks scare me. 90 seconds must feel like an hour in that position! I'm just starting to learn that it's okay to be uncomfortable for a few minutes and to love the aches and pains, because they mean I'm getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Newest follower! Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing your story. It's people like you who inspired me to do something about my weight and yesterday I just hit my 100 pounds lost mark! I can't wait till I feel confident enough to join or fit enough to keep up in a training class.
    Starting at 500 Pounds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I have been reading your blog for a while now, mostly lurking. I have my first 5K on 03/25/11 (just completed C25K a week or so ago). I am also on a mission to lose weight, 28 pounds so far and about 70 to go! Your blog is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete