Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Mix Tape

  • The weekend started with this at 5am on Friday
(edited to protect the innocent and famous)
  • Today is the first day I did 45 minutes of cardio intervals (minute run, minute walk) BEFORE I go to the trainer. Pray for me!

  • In reference to the above bullet, I WILL get up and do cardio in the morning instead of putting it off until lunch to avoid 3 showers in one day. Double workouts are hard enough and I might as well maximize my time!

  • Today is also the first day I ever wore a tank top to the regular gym. I wear one to yoga but that's different. Of course I saw someone I know but she was very supportive!

  • Peanut butter and banana do not make a good desk snack. I forget that natural peanut butter is nice and hard when it comes out of the fridge but then it gets really runny. Also do not put anything that has touched runny peanut butter in your Michael Kors bag!

  • I 'came out of the closet' and have shared my blog with some more people I know. Shout out to Mom, Meg, Laura, Amy, Alison and my sweet husband. After my experience yesterday I just thought it was time.


  • Have a healthy, happy week everyone!


8 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to wear a tank top to the gym... its so much easier after the first time. People don't really notice; it was a way bigger worry for me than I should have let it be. And its so much easier to workout when I'm comfy in my clothes.
    Good luck with your combined workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain with peanut butter & banana at work! I too realized it isn't the easiest snack to deal with outside of a kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still won't wear a tank to the gym (but I will when I run) so kudos to you for hitting that milestone!

    Nice looking bunch of anonymous friends - what a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in the gym is the important part and you seem to be doing well at getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would show my arms til 2 years ago.It was 116 I was pregnant and it was to hot to care.I noticed that what I worried about was all in my head.Noone even noticed.Good for you! I love the picture looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting that more people in your life know about the blog! It's great to have supporters that know you! I hope your bag is okay after the peanut butter mishap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Have listed you in my top 15!
    http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-am.html
    Doll x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, my name is Edward Platz.And I admire you. Why?
    Two years ago, I was overweight and have all the related problems: health problems, family problems, emotional problems…
    At this very day, after 15 months of smart fitness training, not only that I have lost 54 pounds of body fat, but I also succeeded in building a lean and much stronger physique. I am in the best shape of my life and as healthy as I can be!
    I am a 36 year old man and a full time single parent of a 7-year-old daughter. I have a very demanding job. And, according to my doctor, my biological age is now, no more then 27! In addition, my ex-wife thinks I am super hot…
    Well, what do you think about that? …No, not about the “ex-wife thing”…
    At this very moment, I can live the life most people cannot, because I decided to do what most people do not: start a very smart fitness program and a tasty diet plan.
    So, please Be Strong and Patient! Persevere!

    To your best year ever!
    Edward Platz,Full-Time Dream Achiever
    Creator,www.IWasOnceOverweight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete