Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Mix Tape

The wait
-------------------------------------
I'm going on day 8 of my liquid diet, so I'm a little zombie-like but managing. Having trouble putting thoughts into words so this is going to be a short one. I survived the weekend by the skin of my teeth!

Still waiting to hear of approval from insurance. It's all in their hands and I freak out every time the phone rings. Today I called to check on things and I almost had a heart attack on hold only to find out it was still in review and would be available Wednesday a the latest. My biggest fear is that they need something else from my GP which would mean an extra week of liquids. That seems very daunting.

The weight
-------------------------------------
Now that's the good news. 8 lbs in 7 days. Yes I did think about staying on this diet and losing 100 pounds on liquids without surgery but then I would probably gain 150 pounds once I gave up that craziness.

The weird
-------------------------------------
It's hard to explain what it's like knowing you will never have certain things again. I've had the last of the lasts and I'm never again going to start over on Monday. I had a million "last suppers" and here in 2013 at 43 years of age I'm saying goodbye to that destructive cycle. I feel like I'm living the life of someone else right now and it's probably because I am ?!?!

I will keep y'all posted!


1 comment:

  1. I've often said that I ate my lifetime allotment of certain foods (and most definitely alcohol), and that makes it OK for me to not eat/drink them anymore. It IS a new stage in life, and it opens you up for so much. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

    Fingers crossed that the approval comes through on time. Hang in there - you're doing the hardest part right now.

    ReplyDelete