Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanks again Al!

There's nothing like a little inspiration on a Monday morning! I saw Al on the today show this morning being pampered after finishing the NYC marathon and I'm feeling really inspired again.
It's too bad I'm sitting at my desk because I would go run right now! Al you are my hero.

I never run on a Monday morning and now I wish I had. I got some walking in but it didn't really do it for me. I have so much to do to get ready for the half marathon in March and while I've made great progress, I'm nowhere near where I need to be. The plan is to kick it up a notch this week, leave the treadmill behind and take it outside. Maybe a change of scenery will do me some good.

The weekend was so fun. I had a blast with my husband and blew off all my work. I will pay for that today but one can only work so much. The only bummer was I didn't get to have dinner with Tammy as planned. My upstairs shower was leaking through the ceiling downstairs and my brother-in-law was coming over to have a look at it. Turns out it's nothing more than having to re-grout the shower which I will do over Thanksgiving weekend. Good times :)

Good luck to everyone this week. I'll report on my outside running progress later in the week. Luckily we have some fabulous weather on tap.

Thanks Al Roker, my neighbor Jason, Shelley and all my other runner friends who inspire me every day!!! I will do this and I will make you proud!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to stop in and say hello!

    Great blog you have here, I will be back to read soon! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It sounds like you have a plan and some goals. Keep on working it! Glad you had a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I take inspiration from a lot of people when it comes to my running...thanks for the shout out - that was really sweet! I have no doubt that you will be ready, come March, for your half marathon. Hope you are having great runs this week! :)

    ReplyDelete