Friday, February 17, 2012

Yo-yo (yo)

So I'm days away from finishing my huge consulting job - hanging on by a thread. I had the flu and still had to keep up with 16 hour days. I even managed to gain 10 pounds in a month! Who gains weight with the flu?!?! I swear that I gain weight 4 times as fast as "normal" people.

I'm totally beating myself up about it so I'm glad I read this latest and oh so timely blog post by my trainer.

It made me tear up a little because I believe it was yo-yo dieting that killed my father at 49. Constant weight change was hard on his heart. Now I'm following in his footsteps and this is NOT good.

This post is not as desperate as it sounds. I know what to do, I just have to make it through the next 5-6 days of work. Then we will revisit this issue! Let me know what y'all think of her post!


5 comments:

  1. No more yo-yos for you, my friend. You're learning how to do this for life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just read ur post but the good thing is as u mentioned - u know what to do and that in itself is a good thing.Best of luck in getting back to what works - I am sure it will work and no ur post did not sound desperate at all - far from it - it highlighted a phase that all of us go through at some point or other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no time either and it's so hard. I go to school from 8am to 4pm and then work from 4pm to midnight! But school is almost done, mid-April, and then I'm either training for my second half marathon or joining a full marathon relay team! My point, is that I know what you mean when you say you just have to make it for the next few day. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, if you know your messing up by eating the wrong things then you know why you have gained those 10 lbs, if you have been doing right and gained 10 lbs then I would talk to your doctor. I hope you figure things out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do need to get into some serious stuff to be able to work things out.

    ReplyDelete