Tuesday, August 14, 2012

foot frustration part deux

Just thought I'd do an update to let y'all know that my foot tendonitis came back with a vengeance and it's put me in a bit of a funk.

I got some cortisone shots but haven't been able to move in well over a week. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly pain combined with lack of exercise can turn me into a hot mess.

I'm so cranky and tired. I have no interest in cooking or eating healthy. The small amount of exercise I've been doing has been half-hearted. I just want to eat. Oh and did I mention I'm walking 60 miles is 7 weeks?

I need to get some miles in and I suppose I need to work through the pain a little to get there. I can tell I'm on the mend....it's just really slow and really frustrating!!

Vent over! Carry on :)

6 comments:

  1. tendonitis sucks! I got it in my foot two summers ago.. it literally came out of no where! My doctor told me that improper footwear (i.e. flip flops) can bring it on.. which is likely where mine came from. It cams back a bit a few months ago, but nothing too serious. Hope it feels better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Injuries are such a pain! I hope you get better soon. I was having back issues last week and it was driving me nuts since I couldn't exercise. What about doing swimming until your leg heals?? Or doing weights for your upper body?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tendinitis in my left foot and it hurt so much! Rest was the cure - I hope that you are cured pretty quick, as I can feel your angst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog and this is my first time to respond. I think you are doing GREAT! Set backs always happen, but I like your "pick-myself-back-up" attitude. As a suggestion, have you ever tried a massage therapist to help you with those repetitive stress problems like tendonitis? If so, I would love to hear if it helped and what you thought about it. Keep up the great work and best wishes on that 60-mile walk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Diet Solution Program
    Hot tips to a HOT body! Check it out!
    it will change your life forever.
    http://superdad76.THEDSP.hop.clickbank.net

    ReplyDelete