Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday weigh in

Happy Friday y'all! Yes, I know I skipped a whole week of blogging but sometimes, not even I am superwoman.

I've been working really long days to help pay for the renovation - sometimes it seems like we've been at it forever and that it should be almost done but it's really just begun.
before

during
Just since I started writing this post the rest of the windows upstairs have been ripped out. 3 big new ones are going in and that will make for some less expensive bills this winter. After that's done, there's an 18' x 8' addition is going where the 2 doors are on the left. So thankful my brother-in-law is doing this - it's like having my own Mike Holmes "makin' it right".

---------------------------

In running news, last Saturday I made it through my first double digit run!
I did really well. I took it slow and the only time I struggled was on a huge hill and running directly into the sun at about mile 8. I think it's good for me to face those challenges out there because that's what will happen on race day and it's good to know how to handle it. I had forgotten my energy gummies and I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it too. That won't happen again!

-------------------------------
And now for the weigh in!!
Jan 14 - Start of liquid diet - 250
Jan 29 - Surgery weight - 237 -13
Feb 8 - 231 -6
Feb 15 - 222 -9
Feb 22 - 220  -2
Mar 1 - 218  -2
Mar 8 - 216  -2
Mar 15 - 213 -3
Mar 22 - 209 -4
Mar 28 - 208 -1
Apr 5 - 206 -2
Apr 12 - 199 -7
Apr 26 - 196 -3
May 3 - 193 -3 
May 10 - 190 -3
May 17 - 187 -3
May 24 - 186 -1

May 31 - 184 -2
June 7 - 177 -7  
June 14 - 177 -0   
June 21 - 175 -2
June 28 - 171 -4
July 5 - 167 -4
July 12 - 167 -0
July 22 - 165 -2
July 26 - 159 -6
Aug 2 - 158 -1
Aug 9  - 157 -1
Aug 23 - 154 -3
Aug 30 - 150 -4
Sep 6 - 149 -1
Sep 13 - 146 -3
Sep 20 - 146 -0
Sep 27 - 144 -2
Oct 4 - 143 -1
Oct 18 - 138 -5

112 pounds total!

Hello 130's! I can't even believe I am 13 pounds from my goal ?!?! I think I'm smaller than I was even in the 6th grade. It never stops being weird but great. I've gotten to the point now where everyone feels comfortable asking about it - people in my neighborhood stop me on the street and the people that work in the grocery story flock around me asking how I did it. Even some guys who you think would never even notice have said something.

-----------------------------

Next weekend is my 25 year (yikes!) high school reunion. I'm SO excited to be getting a trip to the beach and a few days away with my husband. It's also pretty sweet to have more than one dress option AND they are both size small :) 

------------------------------

Tomorrow I will set out early for another 10 miler. I'm going much earlier and am avoiding that mile 8 hill this time - oh and not forgetting my fuel!


Have a great weekend everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. Which energy gummies do you use? I'd be interested in finding and trying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, I like the "stinger" brand organic energy chews. They are made with honey. I'm also using the jelly belly sport beans as that's what they will give out at the race but they are almost too sweet.

      Delete
    2. Shannon, I like the "stinger" brand organic energy chews. They are made with honey. I'm also using the jelly belly sport beans as that's what they will give out at the race but they are almost too sweet.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Tina! That's a run you'll never forget. I like the Clif Shot Blocks. They are really one of the only energy type supplements I can use. Don't upset my stomach and are really soft and easy to chew while you're running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I have those to try for tomorrow - I hope I have the same good results!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Great job, Tina!! That's an amazing weight loss!

    I also found that the shot blocks are easiest for me to handle on a long run. Have a great run tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for double digits! Look at how far you've come with running - both literally and figuratively! Hope you have a great run tomorrow. :)

    And congrats on losing even more weight - whatever you're doing, you're doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's amazing work. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete