Monday, March 9, 2009

girly woes

I'm seriously dying of cramps. I feel like I wasted an entire day of the weekend laying on the couch in pain yesterday.

I don't know what the deal is because I've never had any problems before. I spent a long time on the pill and went off of it when I got married 4 years ago. Going off the pill made it slightly worse but nothing like I've experienced this weekend. I suppose I should just quit trying to self diagnose and get to the doctor who I've been avoiding while I try to lose some pounds. I'm busting my butt and not in the mood for a lecture. Anyone know a fat gynecologist in Atlanta? :) I used to have one but she did South Beach and lost a ton of weight and got so bad with the lectures she made me cry and I switched to someone else in the office.

Because I was in pain I over ate quite a bit but I think it could have been much worse. I was at the grocery store and things were literally calling out to me. I wanted to fill my cart with junk and lay on the sofa and eat it all to dull the pain. Instead I grabbed one pseudo-healthy treat which was a box of Fiber One pop tarts. I ate one and I was fine. But we did have pizza instead of fish we had planned. I ended up eating a Philly which was so salty my fingers were like sausages. Not worth it.

I'm feeling better today and have the weeks food planned. I won't stop this time. Even though the scale says I'm up 4 pounds. Hopefully that will go away when these awful cramps do!

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the scale at a time when the hormones are running wild. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I had a few episodes like that "in my younger days" that seemed to come out of the blue and passed just as quickly. But always a good idea to check in with the doc. And what a "rhymes with witch" that gyno was to you. Who needs that? Reminds me of when I used to smoke - the ex-smokers were always so obnoxious (apparently it wasn't a filthy habit when they were smoking). Finding a good doc is so hard - I hope you find someone more in tune with your needs. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had some bouts with killer cramps, so you have my full sympathy today! You know it's bad when you can ingest a full bottle of wine, a handful of aleve and still hurt...not that I would ever have done that, lol!

    Hope they go away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My scale always goes up during my period... and I never really made the association until I started participating in my office's Biggest Loser Challenge. I ate super healty and exercised all week, but had a gain because of my period. Ridiculous.

    I hope your awful cramps get better. You know how they say "exercise will make them better"? Yeah right! I ran 7 miles yesterday then spent the next 30 minutes crouched in pain because mine were so bad. :(

    - kilax

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have few women in my weight loss group who don't weigh themselves during their period because the weight scale always says alot more. I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing, since I'm on my period and weigh in is tomorrow!

    I haven't tried the Fiber one bars, so I'll go buy some instead of eating my son's snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man the cramps kill me and my motivation. (ooh I missed that one in my video today)

    it takes some serious mindgames to get my butt OFF the couch even though i know (for ME) working out can lessen them.

    hope you feel BETTER today!!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete