Thursday, April 2, 2009

I make less money now than when I woke up...

I knew it was coming sooner or later. Luckily I'm still employed but found out I'm getting a whopper of a pay cut.

I went out after my meeting and came back to find this on my computer screen

Sorry for the crap picture but these were some cute name tags my co-worker got from a Post Office promotion. It makes me feel so much better knowing that we are all staying employed even if it means making a big sacrifice.

I'm going to have to cut back on expenses A LOT. Probably having to give up my WW meetings but still do it online. I'll probably cancel satellite radio and Netflix and any other luxury items I can think of to cut. Joy. I'm so thankful I don't have kids right now because we would be in serious trouble. I feel for all the people out there that are going through this and have families to support.

Enough with the buzz kill. Onward and downward...on a budget.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't lose your job. I know so many people who have lost their job and are having a tough time finding a replacement. You have a really great attitude about the pay-cut! You'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear the bad news but glad you still have your job. Hang in there - things are bound to turn around soon. And if you have to give up WW, we blog friends are still here to listen and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that when the financial clouds part, people like you and your co-workers will reap the most benefits. You are forced to give up some luxuries but still able to pay bills. So when the money starts flowing again, your living expenses are still low but your income increases--instant millionaires! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to read you didn't lose your job, but sorry about the paycut. We're doing the same things by cutting premium cable channels, decreasing our cell phone minutes, etc. It all adds up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hang in there. this economy is so freakin stressful.
    I started out not giving anything up. anything much up anyway and we, too, are down to the no babysitters etc. and still clinging to the netflix.

    I know it is so trite but in a way here it has been a blessing. our lives are just slower now. we are enjoying EACHOTHER more.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete