Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December? Really?

Can anyone believe it's the last month of the year already? I turn 41 in a week and it seems like 40 was yesterday.

I've kicked things up a notch in the fat fight in hopes of spending New Years Eve proud of what I've done (for a change). I've lost 30 pounds this year so far and would like to add another 10 to that number. Even that's 60 pounds short of my true weight loss goals but I'm choosing to focus on the fact that I've lost it and it's stayed off.

It's been a great week so far. I've tracked, weighed and/or measured everything that I've put in my mouth and have been drinking a ton of water. I felt the benefits of that immediately at my 75 minute Bikram class last night. I made it through the whole class with no break and held one set of "standing bow pose" for the full minute. Ummm, I don't look quite like this when I do it (yet!) but I know I did a good job because I got a huge smile from my teacher. I think I'm a bit of a project for her which isn't a bad thing :) I don't know why I haven't looked it up before but according to most calorie burning calculators I've used, this class burns 1200 calories. I'm going to try to afford two a week for a while.

This morning was absolutely freezing so I decided to wait until lunchtime for my run. I will decide whether it's an outside or gym day when the time comes. Outside would be preferable!

If you want to be inspired, check out these weight loss stories on Dr. Oz. It's in 3 parts and all are worth watching!
The Secrets of the Skinny, Pt. 1

Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Nice going on the Yoga, and the overall stepping things up. And thanks for the Dr. Oz link - I'm going to watch it during lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is December already! Really... where does the time go?

    Yoga = awesomeness. Thank you for sharing the Dr. Oz link! I heart Dr. Oz!

    ~Kellie

    http://chubbygirldiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool on holding the yoga pose! And wow, Bikram burns a ton of calories - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my dreams I look like that when I do yoga. In reality I probably look like one of the Three Stooges.

    I really like that you are focusing on the positives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 pounds is awesome. congratulations and best wishes for your future success. I bet you feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on losing 30 pounds. That's terrific! Thank you for sharing the Dr. Oz link. I agree with you regarding December getting here soo fast. You have a birthday coming up. Isn't it nice to know you will be over 30 pounds down by your birthday. Make sure you do something nice for yourself. You deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. December is the time we will surely gain weight more that ever. But I am glad that I there's a diet pill that could help me through and with the help of exercise too. I really like your blog and I cannot do the yoga thing. I admire you for that.

    http://www.dietpillsdietpills.com/

    ReplyDelete