Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful and Inspired

Thanksgiving was perfection (as I knew it would be). I spent it surrounded by friends and neighbors and never left my street. We had appetizers at one house, dinner at another, and dessert at ours around the campfire. I'm still smiling today and so thankful for my awesome life.

Yesterday started with cheering on a friend in the Thanksgiving half marathon and it was really inspiring. There are so many fit people in this town and I've always had this burning desire to be one of them. One would think that would be enough for me to do what it takes to get there but somehow it's not. Most of the time I'm my own worst enemy.

At some point today, I'm restarting couch to 5k. I plan to start at week 1 but since it's probably not necessary to start completely over, I'll move up in weeks or do it twice. This time I swear I won't push myself to move on until I'm really ready. I got sick once after my first 20 minute run and it made me discouraged enough to stop completely.

Okay enough computer time. Time to get movin'!!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to watching your progress on the C25K, and reading about your first race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things I love in this post... The couch to C25k idea, and the traveling Thanksgiving. How awesome to be part of a community of people and do a 'tapas' style Turkey day dinner!

    I'm working on the motivation to start running...

    ReplyDelete