Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 3 - getting in the groove

256 today. I know this isn't going to last but I'm enjoying it! Also, I don't feel nearly as deprived as day 1. I'm actually full and satisfied. I do hate the bad taste in my mouth that only sugar could fix but that goes away. I need some gum.

Yesterday our meeting was canceled in Nashville so my boss made us go with him to Steak 'n Shake for lunch because we are getting ready to pitch their business. That was a nightmare. I wanted a burger and shake so bad!!! I watched him drink a huge chocolate banana one.

I love nutrition calculators. I went online before and calculated my whole meal first Then I came back and calculated what I WOULD have had before. Here's the difference

Before:
Double Steakburger with Cheese
Chocolate Shake
Cherry Coke
1434 calories, 42.5 grams of fat

Now:
Cup of Vegetable Beef Soup
Grilled Chicken Taco Salad (no tortilla bowl, corn chips or sour cream)
Unsweet Tea
324 calories and 11 grams of fat.

I saved 1,110 calories. Almost a days worth : ) That's what this attitude adjustment is all about. Good decisions. Yay me!

UPDATE: I've just gone on Spark People to see what I could weigh if lost 2lbs a week by my 40th birthday. 129. I'd settle for 140 ; ) That is my goal (which incidentally is 20 lbs more than my ideal weight at 5 foot nothing)

No comments:

Post a Comment