Friday, September 17, 2010

Ups and ups.

I'm only going to say this once and not dwell on it because I already shed enough tears over it this morning. I GAINED 2 pounds again this week after 8.5 hours of work outs. I wasn't flawless with my eating this week - had Chick Fil A one day and Moe's one day but neither of those should be a problem. Maybe it was the 12-15 hour days of work I put in. The only thing I can think to do is to really start keeping track of calories again. I thought I had that down but I guess not.

In other news, I JUST (about 20 minutes ago) finished my first TWENTY MINUTE RUN. 1.25 miles without stopping. I try to be honest here in my blog and truthfully, it was hell. It was neither enjoyable nor rewarding but now I think it's starting to sink in and I'm quite proud. I'm really looking forward to it getting easier though. Losing some pounds would help (crap... I said I wasn't going to speak of that again!)

Bikram Yoga on Tuesday was fabulous and I can't wait to go back. I was by far the fattest person there but 3 people left and I sailed through it. Someone asked me how I could stand it and I said that there's something so empowering about watching your own sweat pour off you onto the mat. Plus my skin looks awesome from it :) It's an expensive habit but once a week should be okay for the budget for now.

When we were leaving the yoga studio, there was a personal training studio across the hall. There were 2 people working out and they looked absolutely miserable. I wanted to walk in there and say "y'all are never going to get anywhere with that sh*tty attitude!" Of course I would never really say that but today I realized I need to keep practicing what I preach. In good times and in bad.

Have a great weekend everyone.

10 comments:

  1. All it will take is being completely conscious of your calories and those 2 lbs will fall right back off...nothing to it. You've got the right mindset, the right attitude, and you're working out like a maniac. All it's going to take is just a little tweaking w/ the calories and you'll be headed right back down the scale again...I believe in you girl! And congrats on that 20 minute run...woo hoo!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pounds can be dispatched in no time, I'm sure. You're working hard at it, and will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how frustrating that can be! So sorry, but WAY TO GO with the 20 min run. There is no way I could do that right now.

    Put the scale out of mind and just focus on doing what you know is right. The weight loss will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it isn't your muscles retaining water (even though you Bikram'd it one day) - with all of the workouts you do, even if you are eating right, the scale can not show it. That said...AWESOME JOB on the 20 minute run!!! It isn't always the most fun thing to do in the world, but it's something that you, and only you, can do for yourself - congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 20-minute run sounds horrible, but you did it! :D Aside from calories and yoga, make sure you're getting enough good sleep and de-stressing time. Bad sleep alone will make your body hold on to every single fat cell. And stress just makes sleeping well even harder. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure ya had a gain, but wow - look at the rest of your post! Keep bein' fantastic, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that any kind of gain is frustrating, but I believe that you persevere inspite of it. Good for you with the running--I can't run because of health issues, so I envy those of you who can. Keep on with it, and in the larger scheme of things, you will be OK. My best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear your frustration and your determination. Hang in there :)
    You've got the right attitude !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 20 minute run!! I now remember fondly my first 20 minute run when I did C25K (which was in 2006), but my running buddy at the time says she was genuinely concerned I was going to die. So clearly it wasn't fun at the time, so congrats! But it really can be the start of your running career. Case and point... I was talking to that same running buddy this morning on the phone because we have both since moved to other cities, so we are planning to meet up later this fall to run a 10K, so we were planning out our training schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing great. I know what its like for running to be hell. I started in the past with 20 minutes of running, then 30, then 50. Then I began to run 1/2 marathons. Then trail halfs with 3600 feet of elevation gain.

    I am back where I started, and need to lose another 65 pounds of weight loss before I reach my 100 Pound Goal.

    Wishing you the very best. --Trevor

    ReplyDelete