Friday, June 1, 2012

Finally, a little progress!

The scale FINALLY moved in the right direction. I lost 2 pounds this week which is exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't even suffer! I cut back on my carbs but still had pizza - just half the amount I normally would. I even ran again yesterday though it was a bad one. I was out of breath and slow even though I was on a treadmill in a nice, cool gym but that's what happens when you skip days. I realized I was being a little hard on myself because it was almost 2 miles and that's a pretty decent distance for a busy Thursday.

I'm blogging about my weight loss today in the hopes it will carry me through the weekend and keep me honest with my eating. I can easily put that back on over the weekend but I'm challenging myself to keep it off and start a new, healthy week 2 pounds lighter. I have 4:30 Bikram this afternoon which is always a great start to the weekend. I can also keep myself busy with some exercise, some gardening and lots of food prep for the week ahead.

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome on the loss! And I'm proud of you for realizing that HEY, YOU RAN NEARLY 2 MILES! Good going, Tina!

    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning as I run early to beat the heat...hope you have a good run as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it! That's exciting, my friend. Sorry I missed Yoga. I was dooped into watching 3 very active boys. It was the exact opposite of zen. Next week FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete