Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spin Psychle

This morning waaaaaay before dawn, I did the number one most scary thing on my list of things to do....

I took a spin class.

This may not seem like a big deal to some but for whatever reason, I was terrified of it. I could never imagine my big butt lasting one hour on that teeny tiny seat.

I was prepared and had a gel seat cover but the instructor said not to use it if you don't have to and that you should try to get used to the saddle. Well lets just say his butt is nowhere near as large as mine and I begged for it 15 minutes in. It was a little better but still really painful. The rest of it? AWESOME. The music, the speed, the sweat literally dripping all over the bike.

I can see why people love it and I really want to keep doing it so it won't hurt as much. Apparently you DO get used to it!!

The moral of the story? Do something that scares you. Be brave! You won't regret it.

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try one but am scared and you just inspired me to do so! thank you :)

    Keep up the great work!!

    estrojen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try spin for so long! Everyone seems to love it. I'm so scared to try it though! The people in the class look so hard core and I don't know if i could keep up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try a spin class now! Good job for trying something that scares you!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I've always been scared to cheat on my income taxes, but you've inspired me to get out of my comfort zone!

    Seriously, way to conquer the spin class. You rock, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Last fall I took my first spin class and I was scared too. But I am glad I did!

    Instead of the gel seat I would suggest some padded shorts they work wonders but you do get use to it, trust me!

    I do not have a tiny butt. I still wonder why the seats are so tiny! Indoor Rockclimbing scares me, I will take your advice and just do it!

    FYI :You "taint" is going to hurt tomorrow lol! was that a TMI???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! Loved the title of the post, by the way. You are one clever lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was really nervous about spin, but I LOVE it now. It's my favorite gym class. After over a year of doing it I still never feel like it's easy and I like the challenge! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete