Friday, September 4, 2009

Do unto others

I'm super busy today but just had to share a good story from this morning.

I had to drop off a big donation for the Food Bank for work so I left my house early but was still in a hurry to get to the office. I felt great about doing a good deed and was driving (fast) on the nice, curvy, back roads I take to work. Not one but TWO people flashed their lights at me to let me know there was a cop hiding in the bushes ahead. Can you imagine getting a speeding ticket because you were in a hurry to get to work after making a donation to the food bank!?!?! Dodged a bullet there. Thank you nice people of Sandy Springs. I now know that you are more than just tennis skirt wearing b*tches :)

I was vacuuming at 6:00 this morning so I'm ready for my guests! I wish I could have y'all over for the amazing fruit salad I made.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!

*helpful hint....combine yoga moves with home pedicure. It's a time saver! :)

11 comments:

  1. I love it when people warn me of upcoming cop cars! YAY for nice people!!

    That would have been an insult to injury if you had gotten an expensive ticket while doing a good deed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that your good deed was rewarded...karma is such a good thing! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with the Scots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another helping hint: combine karate practice with mowing the lawns (ignore the stupid neighbors though).

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, so glad you didn't get a ticket!! Now how about posting a photo of the yoga pedicure?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew!! Dodged a bullet there, didn't ya? Sometimes doing a good deed does, in fact, turn karma on to your side.

    I'd like to see the pedicure/yoga workout, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I felt like I was twisting myself into some crazy yoga position when I gave myself a pedicure this morning lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weekend's off to a good start for you, Tina. What goes around comes around, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the missed ticket. Have fun with the family and try not to imbibe too much to drink. Remember fun can be had without a total buzz or without drinking at all. (although none at all is less fun)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I can reach my toes yet w/o incurring a serious injury, lol....have to pay for my pedi's! And thanks for enlightening me on the Sandy Springs b*tches...I always thought otherwise, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I can reach my toes yet w/o incurring a serious injury, lol....have to pay for my pedi's! And thanks for enlightening me on the Sandy Springs b*tches...I always thought otherwise, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laugh that my nerdy (in a GREAT WAY) mom was pulled over once (one and only time in her 72 year old life) by a cop for FLASHING AS WARNING.

    classic.

    ReplyDelete