Natural disasters on Mondays somehow make the rest of the week fly by. This was the shortest week ever which is a very good thing!
I had to go over to a friends house last night who needed to record my husbands fabulous Scottish accent for something. I got to meet his new girlfriend who is now one of my new best friends. Unfortunately, my new best friend and I drank an entire bottle of wine which led to a trip to Five Guys at 9:30 at night since we hadn't eaten any dinner. I ate a cheeseburger and it wasn't the junior one I usually get. It's okay though because I only had a few fries. RIGHT!?!?! So what do you think THAT led to? Me not getting up this morning to work out.
This is exactly why I don't drink very often. Don't get me wrong, I love it and could happily drink every day if there were no calories. The problem is even one glass of wine can lead to multiple bad decisions.
I'm not letting that lead to a crazy eating weekend. Normally I would say to myself that I've ruined all my hard work for the week and can eat whatever I want and I'll start over on Monday. Instead I stepped on the scale, saw I lost another pound and realized that my exercise can make up for the occasional bad decision. Then I told myself that the day was not over, it had just begun so I put on my workout clothes and wore them to the office. I'm going to walk at lunch today. This is major progress people. MAJOR!
I feel like I owe so much of what I've learned about myself and my weight problem to this blog and all the other blogs I read. Everywhere I turn here there is great advice, self affirmation, and help whenever you need a little boost.
Thanks y'all and thanks for my blog awards too! I'm going to put down a few honest things about me. If I have some time later I will give some out!
• I had blue hair (on purpose) most of the way through art school.
• I'm a serious clean freak. When we moved into the house we bought it was the first time I had lived anywhere where someone else had used the fridge. It took me 3 days to clean it and be able to put anything of mine in it.
• I love kids and work in kids marketing but don't have any desire to have any. Some day I will write a big long post about that.
• My mom is one of my best friends and I admire her as a person more than anyone else on earth.
• I'm still friends with almost every guy I ever dated. My husband is even friends with my boyfriend before him. I guess I've just always dated really nice guys.
• If money was no object I would dedicate my life to rescuing dogs.
Have a great weekend everyone! Check out my 'hood on the TV this weekend. They usually do some really nice stories on how the PGA tour has helped the neighborhood turn around. You never know...you might even see me! :)
circa 1988. I'm on the right. Damn I was cool. ;)