Thursday, April 14, 2011

A little wobble

I've been on a roll now for months and yesterday was my first bad day in a really long time. I don't know what was wrong with me. I made it through yoga on Tuesday night and even with my favorite teacher and all her compliments, I didn't enjoy it. Wednesday morning I skipped my group training class because I didn't even think my body could move. I dragged myself into the office all cranky. I felt like someone had secretly replaced my coffee with decaf. All day I felt nauseous, tired, anxious, and wanting to eat anything with carbs. I had some popcorn and that helped but then had a double serving of red potatoes for dinner. Other than that, I think I managed to maintain control.

It never ceases to amaze me how I can be moving along and feeling great and then all of a sudden, like a switch, want to eat everything in sight and don't want to move. It makes me think about how many times I've given into that after so much progress had been made. I was really scared that it was one of those times again. I went to bed early so I wouldn't eat anything else :)

Luckily, I woke up today feeling much better, though a bit flabby. I got an email from my trainer asking me how I was feeling which lifted my spirits even more so I'm making up my missed class tonight and looking forward to it. I certainly won't feel flabby after that! I ate great all day and am looking forward to a yummy stir fry after my class.

I guess we all have our "off" days where we just aren't ourselves. When our bodies are screaming STOP, REST, EAT! I probably shouldn't panic like I did yesterday because I know I have the strength and the support to get through those days.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing just fine. The guilt attached to food can be overwhelming sometimes, but it looks like you handled it well. Have fun with your trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's time for us to stop listening to our bodies and have them start listening to us. Good for you for stopping your pity party in its tracks! You're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My therapist told me "Everyone is entitled to a Little Debbie Day (like the snackcakes) every once in a while. It's only if they happen frequently that it is a problem. One bad day won't hurt you...10 will. The best thing though, you can always start again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. xo xo xo

    Today is a new one.

    and you already wrangled your yesterday into submission.

    Have a great weekend.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your trainer emailed you. Sounds like you've got a good one. :) And your wobble was just that - a wobble. Check and reset - you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those days myself now and again. But guess what? Weebles wobble but they don't fall down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- I felt like I was reading something from my own blog. I can get on this amazinf roll, and then BAM - it's like I hit a wall! I need to follow your advice, and listen to my body. When I ignore myself, the "BAM" gets worse and worse (imagine someone running into a wall repeatedly - yeah, that weirdo is me). Although I'm sorry for the way you felt (are feeling?) I am glad to know I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a nice trainer there. I think everybody needs a break.
    final phase fat loss review

    ReplyDelete