Thursday, January 7, 2010

the urban harvest

The box of produce arrived and I'm hooked already. Look at the amount of stuff here? I paid $20 but it would have been $35 which is still a good deal!

I've had a lot of fun planning the fate of each individual bit of goodness you see here. The carrots will be in chili and dipped in hummus, baby bellas will be part of flatbread pizzas, acorn squash will be baked and eaten with dinner tonight, half the onion has already gone into a really delicious and healthy shepherds pie. The rest will be salads and the fruit will be snacks.

I also realized today that Whole Foods is not as expensive as I always thought it was. I had the best turkey sandwich of my life with their bread, deli turkey and some of my lettuce and tomato from the box. Their meat and seafood is higher but everything else is comparable to Publix and it's all organic and twice as delicious. Sorry I always referred to you as whole paycheck foods Mr. Whole Foods. I will be visiting more.

I must be wanting to write about food since it's about to snow here. It doesn't happen often and the grocery stores are already out of milk and bread. Southerners dealing with snow has always made me laugh. I lived in Minnesota until I was 12 but have been in the south ever since. That makes snow a fun event for me and this year, I don't have to risk death to get home from the suburbs due to my boss not wanting us to leave work early. The dogs are driving me nuts. They know something is up.

I got to the gym by 8 and did a hard 40 minutes on the treadmill and some abs. Once again I thought about not going because I had errands to run and work to do etc. but I'm convinced that if I just keep going long enough to make it a habit, it will flow into my day like everything else does. Still trying to find the me/work balance.

4 comments:

  1. Quite the deal you got there Tina. Love that you're calling it your Urban Harvest. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for braving the elements and the befuddled Southern drivers and getting your sweat on. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've had a lot of fun planning the fate of each individual bit of goodness you see here" = awesome sentence! :)

    Quite a motivational post, all around.

    And now I want to go get a turkey sandwich from Whole Foods...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I'm not copying you... well I did with the naked photo, not really naked but it sure felt like it! But I just posted my produce bounty and then came over here and saw yours. Don't you just love it!?

    ReplyDelete