Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I can't believe I'm saying this out loud

This past March, I sat on my living room sofa and watched the news coverage of the ING marathon in Atlanta. I knew people who were participating and I wanted more than anything to be out there with them on that gorgeous day. It seems to be the only running event in Atlanta that takes place at a reasonable time of year - when it's not blistering hot. Also, the route is through the neighborhoods on my side of town.

Since then I've thought about doing the half but it was just a thought. Something I wasn't sure I could do or wanted to commit to. I've done the 3-day three times but this is different. Especially with the hills. In fact, when I think about it I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach like I get at the end of day one on the 3-Day. The "what the hell have I gotten myself into" and the "I don't think I can do this" feeling.

My friend Crys also shares my desire to become a runner and I'm hoping that the 2 of us can accomplish this enormous goal together. There's plenty of time to train but I had to put it out there as a real goal. Now. So I take it seriously.

Dear lord what have I done.

9 comments:

  1. so excited for you - you CAN do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! Mine's in February and I'm already nervous. But you'll come to find out that you can accomplish more than you think you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - I love it!!! And I know that fear/excitement...but you can do it. Now you need to grab my "evolution of running" badge for your blog...an incredibly talented designer made it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Let's do it! I'm moving at the end of the month and I'm actually coming closer to your side of town which is a training plus! I'm game for the Farmers Mrkt on Friday too. Just send me an email - cryslosingit@gmail.com and I'll send my number.

    I'm soooo excited! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you and Crys the best at your running efforts. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for the first step of many. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOO to the HOOOOO!!!

    I just started training this week and am using Hal Higdons novice half marathon program.




    MizFit

    ReplyDelete