Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Mix Tape


Weekend Wrap up
----------------------------------------
I'm happy to say Spring has arrived in the ATL.  It's a shame we got one less hour of weekend but I made sure I got the most of every minute!

Saturday I did only the second 90 minute Bikram yoga class of my life. It was long and it was hot but I survived and I didn't have to take a break. Every class gets better as I lose more and more weight. It's exhilarating!

Sunday I did this.......

This is the donate pile. My closet is almost empty. I currently have 2 pairs of pants (one black one jeans) that fit and a random few tops. This pile represents everything big and black I've hid behind in the last few years. Some plus size goth girl is going hit the jackpot at the Goodwill. 


What are you eating?
----------------------------------
This was the first weekend I've felt "normal" since having surgery. Friday was gorgeous and everyone on our side of town was at the bar on the patio by 4pm. We walked the 3/4 of a mile up there, I had a shot of Patron on the rocks over the course of 2 hours and 1/4 of a chicken finger and 2 tater tots that were on the table. For me, happy hour used to consist of 3 tequilas, 3 beers, a burger, fries and a cupcake on the way home. No walking was involved. It felt pretty good to be back there - being social without even coming close to overdoing it.

Saturday night was my first dinner party since surgery. My friend who hosted it was so sweet and so considerate of my diet and the food was incredible!
This was an Asian style ginger tilapia and a quinoa and kale cake. We also had roasted bok choy. I even had a Milano and peach sorbet for dessert.

I ate more this weekend than I have in a while. It's nice to be able to eat what I want but I'm still tracking everything. Even the 2 tater tots! It's scary in a way. I'm afraid I'll go back to my old habits but there's no way my stomach is capable of even 1/4 of what I used to eat on a bad day. I have to keep the faith in myself that I can practice moderation.

Have a happy, healthy week everyone!






5 comments:

  1. How great to see you leaving those black clothes behind...it kind of seems like the Wizard of Oz, when it goes from B&W to color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so good to get rid of the big, black clothes! What a great weekend you had! Good friends who consider your needs are so wonderful. The food looks healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're rocking this my friend!!

    The Goodwill be sooo excited to get your larger clothes. I felt like Santa every time I came in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend looks BUSY... I like to have a busy lifestyle as well.

    weightmanagementexperts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring, one of my favorite seasons. its the time to go out and buy all those colorful clothes

    http://garciniacambogiaextractreviewsite.com/

    ReplyDelete